From Jon Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: Branching for release
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2001 19:34:58 GMT
on 6/6/01 12:48 AM, "Raphaƫl Luta" <raphael.luta@networks.groupvu.com>
wrote:

> Jon Stevens wrote:
>>
>> Why are you doing branches on alpha releases?
>>
>> Branches are for parallel forms of development. Since this is just an
>> alpha release, no branch is necessary.
>>

> The idea is to have a stable work area for stabilization while new features
> get added to the main trunk

I'm sorry, that doesn't make any sense with regards to standard software
development. Alpha releases are based on HEAD. You don't do branches on
alpha's.

>, but I admit that considering the amount of
> committers
> currently active, I may as well not bother and just tag the CVS for each
> release
> candidate 8/

Wait...why are you naming things 1.3aX if it is a release candidate? If it
is a release candidate, it should be 1.3-rcX

-jon

--
"Open source is not available to commercial companies."
            -Steve Balmer, CEO Microsoft