From Raphaƫl Luta <raphael.l...@networks.groupvu.com>
Subject Re: A description HEAD Contents
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2001 17:40:48 GMT
David Sean Taylor wrote:

> see: http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/todo.html
> but Im not sure how up-to-date it is
>
> We do need to make a list of new features in 1.3a2.
> Has anyone been keeping track of the new features?

Don't have a complete list here but here are a few items :

* fix confirmation email bugs, make confirmation email optional

* upgrade dependency on Turbine several times up to Turbine 2.1 release

* remove all legacy ECS screens/layouts/navigations

* switch new profiler service as default

* reimplement registry service and object model, introducing xreg files.

* reimplement portal object factories as services

* introduce VelocityPortlet, VelocityPortletControl, VelocityPortletController
   to easily create new portlets

* implement registry security policy

* implement default parameter customizer for any portlets based on expanded
   parameter registry syntax

* implement close/minimize/maximize/edit support

* add named skin support for globally handling color scheme management for
   a page (add a skin registry)

* new administrative portlets:
   - registries browser
   - security management (still incomplete I believe)
   - user management (still incomplete I believe)

* improved page customizer (still incomplete)

I guess that should be enough to justify a switch to the new version :)

Vivendi Universal Networks - Paris