From Raphaƫl Luta <raphael.l...@networks.groupvu.com>
Subject Re: OracleDriver not implemented
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2001 09:09:33 GMT
[Please, don't use HTML mail on a mailing-list, not all clients supports
  this]

Narayanan Natarajan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I will write down the steps I followed to integrate Jetspeed/Turbine
> with Oracle in HP BlueStone e-Server.PLease write me if any root cause
> to solve this problem.
>
> *_Steps:_*
>
> 1) Intalled HP Bluestone e-Server trailware from
> http://www.bluestone.com/SaISAPI.dll/SaServletEngine.class/products/downloads.jsp
>
> 2) Downloaded the jetspeed-latest file from
> http://jakarta.apache.org/~raphael/jetspeed/jetspeed-latest.tgz and
> extracted that file and got jakarta-jetspeed.

Don't document this, use CVS rather than fetch the latest image, it's much more
dependable, as soon as I have a few hours to spare, I'll move the nightly
snapshots in the standard jakarta builds directory and your link will fail.

> 3) Copied that jakarta-jetspeed intp Samples directory of HP Bluestone
> Server.
>
> 4) Modified turbineresources to configure the Oracle Database(see the
> attachment)
>
> 5) Executed the turbine-oracle.sql and populate-oracle.sql which is the
> latest one.
>
> 6) Browse the URL
> http://localhost/scripts/SaCGI.exe/Demo.class/jetspeed/portal
>
> and I got the Welcome Page.

Hugh. You're really forced to use these URLs ? They arereally ugly !
And they also may potentially mess with the URL structure Turbine
expects for parsing parameters from path-info.

Can you check with a small JSP page what is considered contextPath
and what is considered pathInfo in this request ?

Vivendi Universal Networks - Paris