From Raphaƫl Luta <raphael.l...@networks.groupvu.com>
Subject Re: Security stuff...
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2001 07:42:50 GMT
David Sean Taylor wrote:

>>Not really a pull design...but ok...I get it...
>>

> That part works just like flux, except that the velocity screen is an html
> fragment.
>
> Im sorry but I don't understand why it isn't really pull design.
> The action puts the roles into the context, and then the template pulls each
> role out with a '#foreach role in roles' loop.

Because a complete pull design would populate the context by reading the

objects to instanciate from a configuration info, so you would not have to
explicitely put it the context.

An the other hand, Jetspeed does not currently offer a good pull system

for portlets: you can use the Turbine pull system within your system but
it's bad because the defintion are global for all the application and not
portlet specific (and you need to stop restart your app for adding new
tools definition which is not adequate for portlet deployment)

I started implementing a Pull system for the Velocity Portlet based on
registry parameter info, but it's much more complex that the Turbine one
because registry entries *are* mutable at runtime and semantics but be
extended to add a "shared" scope for sharing context objects between
different portlet instances.

All in all, this will wait for 1.3a3 if ever (unless someone else picks
this up)

Vivendi Universal Networks - Paris