From Raphaël Luta <raphael.l...@networks.groupvu.com>
Subject Re: AW: Portlet Parameters ???
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2001 15:26:06 GMT
Norman Schöneich wrote:

> Thanks Raphaël !
>
> What's about the new release ? Is there any release date planned for ?

ASAP. ie when we're sufficiently confident in the stability of the newly
committed features and that documentation is updated.
Any help appreciated to make this happen faster :)

> One question. Does the new release of the portlet API handles persistence to
> RDBMS
> rather than to filesystem. What's about Castor JDO, Jetspeed uses Castor XML
> anyway.
> I'm able to personalize portlets with the new version ?

For RDBMS persistence: not yet, see last week thread on "PSMLManager" on
jetspeed-user for more information on my ideas. Castor JDO is defnitely
something I'd like to see for PSML and registry.

For customization, in the latest CVS, I expanded the registry markup to
allow simple parameter description and use a default PortletCustomizer
for customizing these params. You can test it out by logging on the
default webapp as the 'turbine' user.
Vivendi Universal Networks - Paris