From Raphaël Luta <raphael.l...@networks.groupvu.com>
Subject Re: Portlet Parameters ???
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:53:54 GMT
Norman Schöneich wrote:

> Any idea, how i can get the portlet-specific parameters from a users
> PSML-file ?
>
> I tried to change the CustomizePortlet, where all PortletEntries are
> retrieved by the
> method getUsersPortlets( data, usersHTMLPortlets, MimeType.HTML ) ;
> like:
>
>   Entry entry = ( Entry )usersHTMLPortlets.elementAt( i );
>   org.apache.jetspeed.om.registry.peer.Parameter[] parameters =
> pEntry.getParameter();
>   for ( int p=0; p<parameters.length; p++ ) {
>     Log.note( "CustomizePortlet: parameter: Name:" +
> parameters[p].getName( ) );
>     Log.note( "CustomizePortlet: parameter: Type:" +
> parameters[p].getType( ) );
>     Log.note( "CustomizePortlet: parameter: Value:" +
> parameters[p].getValue( ) );
>   }
>
> I only get the portlet-specific parameters from the
> jetspeed-config.jcfg-file, not from the users psml-file.
>
> What's wrong ?
>
> I use Jetspeed 1.3a1. Maybe it's not supported in this version, or ?

I strongly suggest you to try the latest CVS if you want to experiment
with customization. You have a lot more tools to implement the portlet
customization (and a default portlet parameters customizer).

There's still some work to do with the customizer called by the Customize

link, but we'll tackle this before release.

Vivendi Universal Networks - Paris