From Raphaƫl Luta <raphael.l...@networks.groupvu.com>
Subject Re: Book/course on Jetspeed
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2001 18:08:36 GMT
Stefan Wagner wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Am Freitag,  8. Juni 2001 19:48 schrieben Sie:
> [..]
> > I'm new with Servlets & JSP and I'm looking for a good
> > book on Jetspeed/Tomcat.
>
> I don't think there's a book about Jetspeed. But you find about Tomcat in
> nearly all newer books about Servlets and JSP.

This should come soon... :)

> > Ps: Any date for the relase of 1.3a2? Should I wait
> > for 1.3a2 or start with 1.3a1.
>
> From my point of view wait for the a2 or use the current CVS. There were many
> (quite cool) changes.

1.3a2 will have a lot of enhancements over 1.3a1, you can have a pretty close idea
of 1.3a2 but using the current CVS even though there are still some bugs to fix
and the documentation has not been updated with the new features (look into the
mailing list archive for these)

BTW, if someone out there has some time to write a small doc on how to use the
new xreg files and how to write a VelocityPortlet, I'd really appreciate...

Vivendi Universal Networks - Paris