From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject [Off-topic] Open Source and commercial companies
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2001 10:22:09 GMT
David Sean Taylor wrote:

>>--
>>"Open source is not available to commercial companies."
>>            -Steve Balmer, CEO Microsoft
>><http://www.suntimes.com/output/tech/cst-fin-micro01.html>
>>

> lie lie lie lie lie

The bad thing is that the first part of the paragraph shows that
Microsoft has passed from ignoring OS to fearing it, and now they try to
hide the fear under the "healthy" stuff. The good thing is that the
blatant lie about Government funding and the linux license and the use
of words like "cancer" later on shows they still have fear.

We're winning, slowly and cautiously (as it should be) :-)