From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: Branching for release
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2001 11:58:32 GMT
Raphaƫl Luta wrote:

> Jon Stevens wrote:
>
>>Why are you doing branches on alpha releases?
>>
>>Branches are for parallel forms of development. Since this is just an
>>alpha release, no branch is necessary.
>>

> The idea is to have a stable work area for stabilization while new features
> get added to the main trunk, but I admit that considering the amount of committers
> currently active, I may as well not bother and just tag the CVS for each release
> candidate 8/

We could keep current work in HEAD, and have the new Portlet API
integration in the current portlet_api branch.

Also, I'm seeing funny things with current CVS.

- jetspeed.jar is not in the war, at least not in WEB-INF/lib ???
- I get a catastrophic error about log4java (seems like updating
turbine.jar is not enough).

After I added the jetspeed.jar to the webapp and changed the log4java
1.0.4 files by log4java 1.1 (coming from Turbine HEAD), it seems to work
again.

It seems that the build process forgets to add it to the war.

Just beginning to test the fresh war.