From raphael.l...@networks.groupvu.com
Subject Re: TDK 2.2 integration
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2001 09:20:33 GMT
David Sean Taylor wrote:

> Just checked in the initial integration for TDK 2.2.

Does that mean you upgraded against the dev code of Turbine
and not the release branch ?
I'm -1 on that unless Jetspeed has no way to work against 2.1. It's about time
we use a stable Turbine implementation rather than depend on all the API
changes that will occur in 2.2...

> Seems to be working well in most cases.
> There are still a few outstanding issues:
>
> 1. You have to specify an extension for a template (.jsp or .vm) from a URL
> or from setScreenTemplate()
>    We are hoping to get a fix into the templating service by tomorrow.

Cool then but we really need this to be able to easily mix JSP and Velocity.

> 2. Including JSP (via requestDispatcher) into a Velocity-based template
> doesn't work, and it looks like it will not work at all
>    until Turbine rips out all that ecs-buffering... I would think this may
> be a requirement for the portlet api,
>    which is supposed to be stream-based.
>
> Raphael, Im sorry but I seem to have broken all your really cool new
> features :(
> Like portlet customization, min, max, close....all the new buttons.
> I will try to figure it out tomorrow...

Don't worry, I'll update my CVS and look at it, I think I should be able to fix
it quite easily.

> Jason and I rewrote the JSP-portion of the customizer in Velocity. It was
> easy.
> This allows us to use the customizer with a velocity template engine - see
> problem #2 above.
> Its in /templates/vm/portlets/HomePageCustomizer.vm.
> Check it out, its a great example of Velocity vs. JSP.

Isn't the Gluecode customizer be used as default rather than the old
HomePageCustomizer ?

--
Raphaƫl Luta - luta.raphael@networks.vivendi.net