From Stefan Wagner <wag...@ixtern.de>
Subject Re: Book/course on Jetspeed
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2001 17:55:02 GMT
Hi!

Am Freitag,  8. Juni 2001 19:48 schrieben Sie:
[..]
> I'm new with Servlets & JSP and I'm looking for a good
> book on Jetspeed/Tomcat.

I don't think there's a book about Jetspeed. But you find about Tomcat in
nearly all newer books about Servlets and JSP.
For that I could recommend the O'Reilly book "Java Servlet Programming"
(Hunter & Crawford) or the book from Sun "core Servlets and JavaServer Pages"
(Marty Hall).

> Also, I will take a course on Serv.& JSP and the
> software used is IBM-Visual Age. Is it a good choice?

I never worked with it much but I think it's okay.

> Can I use Visual Age to devl. on Jetspeed? What is the
> best software to use?

I never tried that, but I read on the list, that some people do that. Search
the list archive for more information.
And don't ask for the best software... Those questions produce holy wars ;-)

[..]
> Ps: Any date for the relase of 1.3a2? Should I wait
> for 1.3a2 or start with 1.3a1.

>From my point of view wait for the a2 or use the current CVS. There were many
(quite cool) changes.

Ciao,