From Ve...@t-online.de (Hubert Vey)
Subject Basic Questions on Development of Portlets
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2001 18:35:49 GMT
Hi JetSpeed-Fans,

I want to build a portal solution for my company
and  consider the portlet apprach of Jetspeed as a
very interesting solution.

But yet I read only a few docs about it and wondering
whether Jetspeed is the right solution ? I hope some Jetspeed-Professionals
could answer a few questions for me.

Each user can place his own Portlets at his Page ?
Is it possible to configure portlets that can't be
removed by user ? e.g. two portlets on the left side
of the screen, where only layout, colors of the portlets
could be configured ?

Is it possible to add portlets to the user's page
programmatically at runtime ? e.g. if the user selects a certain
action ?

Is it possible to change the contents of some
portlets at runtime ? e.g changing the URL for that
portlet and doing a refresh ?

My Portal Users should be associated to roles and for each role
I have a lot of information. Could Jetspeed User Administration be expanded
that my additional Information could be stored and retrieved in the
Jetspeed-Database ?

As you see a lot of Questions and so less time to read all the
documentation !

Thanks a lot in advance

Hubert