From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: Database scripts out of date
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2001 07:00:00 GMT
I've updated these two scripts to match the latest turbine schema:

- turbine-mysql.sql
- turbine-oracle.sql

Added two new scripts to populate the database:

- populate-mysql.sql
- populate-oracle.sql

Here are some quick instructions for using Oracle and MySQL with Jetspeed.
I hope it can help with the problems people have experienced recently.
My apologies to Bruno and everyone for leaving the database scripts in such
a state.

---------------------------
ORACLE
-----------------

... if you haven't already created a turbine schema, do so by loggin on to
sqlplus as 'system' and create your schema like this:

-- this is brute force, you may want to refine your grants and
permissions...
GRANT RESOURCE,DBA TO TURBINE IDENTIFIED BY TURBINE;

...run 'sqlplus' from the src/sql/external directory
....logon into your Turbine schema (TURBINE/TURBINE), and type:

@turbine-oracle.sql

...look for errors...hopefully there arent' any
... and then

@populate-oracle.sql

...modify your TR.p, commenting out:

#database.default.driver=org.hsql.jdbcDriver
#database.default.url=jdbc:HypersonicSQL:${webapp.dir}/WEB-INF/db/jetspeed
#database.default.username=sa
#database.default.password=

#database.adaptor=DBHypersonicSQL
#database.adaptor.DBHypersonicSQL=org.hsql.jdbcDriver

...and adding:

database.default.driver=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
database.default.url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@<host>:1521:<sid>
database.default.username=turbine
database.default.password=turbine

database.adaptor=DBOracle
database.adaptor.DBOracle=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

....don't forget to put classes12.zip in your classpath, and rename it:

classes12.jar

... test it out

---------------------------
MYSQL
----------

...if you haven't already created a turbine database, create one:

cd mysql/data

md turbine

...run 'mysql' from the src/sql/external directory:

connect turbine

source turbine-mysql.sql

...look for errors...hopefully there arent' any
... and then

source populate-mysql.sql

...modify your TR.p, commenting out:

#database.default.driver=org.hsql.jdbcDriver
#database.default.url=jdbc:HypersonicSQL:${webapp.dir}/WEB-INF/db/jetspeed
#database.default.username=sa
#database.default.password=

#database.adaptor=DBHypersonicSQL
#database.adaptor.DBHypersonicSQL=org.hsql.jdbcDriver

...and adding:

database.default.driver=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
database.default.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost/turbine  # could be any host...
database.default.username=root
database.default.password=

database.adaptor=DBMM
database.adaptor.DBMM=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver

....don't forget to put your mysql.jar in the classpath

... test it out
---------------------------
(REMINDER TO MYSELF: put these instructions in a FAQ later this week.)

The other databases (db2, postgres, and sybase) haven't been converted yet.

Does anyone know if DB2 or Sybase have a trial version that I can test with?

I was trying to get Torque working, but I had some problems and now I've ran
out of time.
So I just cranked out these patches for now.
Will try to finish Torque support and the Security/Admin stuff when I get
back Thursday.

Good luck with the scripts. They seemed to work fine in my testing here on
mySQL 3.23 and Oracle8.1.6

Im going out of town for 3 days vacation...

David Sean Taylor
taylor@apache.org