From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject TDK 2.2 integration
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2001 08:53:39 GMT
Just checked in the initial integration for TDK 2.2.

Seems to be working well in most cases.
There are still a few outstanding issues:

1. You have to specify an extension for a template (.jsp or .vm) from a URL
or from setScreenTemplate()
   We are hoping to get a fix into the templating service by tomorrow.

2. Including JSP (via requestDispatcher) into a Velocity-based template
doesn't work, and it looks like it will not work at all
   until Turbine rips out all that ecs-buffering... I would think this may
be a requirement for the portlet api,
   which is supposed to be stream-based.

Raphael, Im sorry but I seem to have broken all your really cool new
features :(
Like portlet customization, min, max, close....all the new buttons.
I will try to figure it out tomorrow...

Jason and I rewrote the JSP-portion of the customizer in Velocity. It was
easy.
This allows us to use the customizer with a velocity template engine - see
problem #2 above.
Its in /templates/vm/portlets/HomePageCustomizer.vm.
Check it out, its a great example of Velocity vs. JSP.

David Sean Taylor
taylor@apahe.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed