From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: ECS Usage Survey
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2001 03:26:25 GMT
Raphaƫl Luta wrote:

> I've updated Jetspeed CVS to work with the latest TDK. Remember that we
> follow TDK releases not Turbine CVS HEAD...

Thank you!

Question: if the difference between HEAD and the latest TDK is the addition
of a few new methods to an interface that you implement, would there be any
harm in implementing these new methods in advance?

I haven't looked to see if it is possible in this case.  But on the off
chance that it is, just imagine: you can deliver the next release of
Jetspeed independent of the release cycles of Turbine, and yet leave open
the possibility that when the next release of Turbine happens.  If all goes
well (and Turbine learns to deprecate properly!), your users can simply
drop in the jar for the next release of Turbine and be up and running...

- Sam Ruby