From "Ernest Ros" <e...@gluecode.com>
Subject RE: Preparing Jetspeed 1.3 alpha 2 release
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2001 05:58:34 GMT
Raphael,

I will be available to discuss and work on issues regarding the possible
inclussion of the gluecode customizer.  Anyone else interested can email me
directly or on this list.

This customizer allows users to have a 'customized' view of their portal
page.  Users can select which portlets they see and the colors for each
column of their portal page.

thanks,
Ernest
eros@gluecode.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Raphael Luta [mailto:raphael.luta@networks.groupvu.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2001 4:31 AM
To: jetspeed-dev@jakarta.apache.org; jetspeed-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Preparing Jetspeed 1.3 alpha 2 release

Following our ApacheCon discussions, here are the current plans for the
upcoming
Jetspeed 1.3 alpha 2 release:

Target release date: 30 April 2001

Focus for this release:
 - bug fixes and stabilization of Jetspeed 1.3a1
 - remove obsolete code
 - implementation of localized layouts and screens
 - integration of VTLPortlet into the main codebase

Other possible features (depending on someone taking over
the task) :
 - supporting additionnal servlet containers (apart from Tomcat3
   and Websphere)
 - integrating GlueCode Customizer
 - simplify/clean up the syndication engine implementation

Anybody interested in these tasks should reply to this mail and
state his interest, I'll collate all the results and post an updated
Todo list for the 1.3a2 release.

CVS Policy:
All commits/updates pertaining to this release should currently be made
on the main CVS head. I propose that we branch for the release on April 22.
After this date, all clean up, fixes, documentation etc... that should be
incorporated in Jetspeed 1.3a2 are to be committed on this branch.

Vivendi Universal Networks - Paris