From SCHA...@de.ibm.com
Subject Re: Jetspeed security
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2001 13:04:13 GMT

Santiago,

it seems we somehow got out of synch on this topic - the last thing I
remember from this conversation was your statement "I will think a little
bit more about requirements and timing and come back. Thanks for your
response." Probably I have missed some notes you sent while I was on
vacation, I scanned through a couple of hundred notes maybe too quickly
when I came back - I apologize if this was the case.

I had forwarded your response to the person who works on this area at IBM
about one month ago and asked him to get in contact with you directly to
have more detailed discussions about the access check API. I'll check what
is the current status on our side and let you know.

Best regards,

Thomas

Thomas Schaeck
Portal Architect
IBM Pervasive Computing Division
Phone: +49-(0)7031-16-3479   Mobile: +49-(0)171-6928407   e-mail:
schaeck@de.ibm.com   Fax: +49-(0)7031-16-4888
Address: IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH, Schoenaicher Str. 220, 71032
Boeblingen, Germany

Santiago Gala wrote:

I have a customer asking me for a implementation of Jetspeed security.

I have been waiting for any sign of a commit from the IBM team (more
than one month by now). At least I expected that the basic interfaces
that a Jetspeed security service would have to implement to be there:

- permissions
- roles
- subject (or principal or whatever)

I cannot wait any more. I need to start writing code rather urgently. In
a couple of days I will start a branch, and start putting code for the
security part there.

I will try to follow the different proposals as closely as I can, and we
can merge the code later. Any way, if the branch does not look good, we
can let it die silently :))

Comments?