From Darren Gilroy <DGil...@CONSONUS.com>
Subject RE: How to display a framed screen with jetspeed ?
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2001 17:05:04 GMT
You can overload the getLayout method inherited from Screen to completely
control your output. Check out the FileServer.java example in the TDK
(tdk/examples/screens/FileServer.java).

public String getLayout(RunData data)
    {
        return null;
    }

-best-darr-

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephane Grialet [mailto:Stephane.Grialet@ac-toulouse.fr]
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2001 2:10 AM
To: jetspeed-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: How to display a framed screen with jetspeed ?

Hello,

i have a portlet that displays info and a link (HREF) towards a Java
generated page that should display a screen divided in two frames.
The link looks like "/jetspeed/portal/screen/toto" and my Java program is
thus defined as a "Screen" object ("public class toto extends Screen"), the
result being displayed via the doBuild() method.

But it doesn't work, because the <FRAMESET>...</FRAMESET>  code generated by
toto is automatically included in the <BODY> tag of the screen generated
page, and so nothing is displayed in the screen except the footer.

What Jetspeed object different than Screen must i use ("public class toto
extends ???") to display my framed screen, and how must i use it ?

thanks,
St├ęphane