From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: Jetspeed security
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2001 14:21:44 GMT
SCHAECK@de.ibm.com wrote:

> Santiago,
>
> it seems we somehow got out of synch on this topic - the last thing I
> remember from this conversation was your statement "I will think a little
> bit more about requirements and timing and come back. Thanks for your
> response." Probably I have missed some notes you sent while I was on
> vacation, I scanned through a couple of hundred notes maybe too quickly
> when I came back - I apologize if this was the case.

I (mis)understood that you were about to commit the basic code, and
develop a version using websphere security. This month has been very
busy. Going back to your message, this is not obvious, so I misread it.

I have been working under this false assumption.

> I had forwarded your response to the person who works on this area at IBM
> about one month ago and asked him to get in contact with you directly to
> have more detailed discussions about the access check API. I'll check what
> is the current status on our side and let you know.

I think I never got contacted again. At least I cannot find any email on
this.

If you have framework code (interfaces, etc.) it would be good to
publish it for discussion. If not, I will start to commit in a branch,
and discussion can go on on this code and detailed proposal.

Else, we can meet to discuss implementation issues on irc, or have a
thread here discussing detailed service architecture.