From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: Fw: ServerName && ServerPort
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2001 09:07:24 GMT
Norman Schöneich wrote:

> I would like to know, how can I tell Jetspeed to use a fixed
> server, domain and port.
>

> It seems to be, that Jetspeed try to guess the URL. I don't want that.
>

> For example:
>
> this URL: http://server.domain:port/my/portal/screen/Home/action/Hallo
>

> How do I set the part http://server.domain:port to a fixed value ? (in
> JS.p or else ?)

The "right" behaviour is to answer to the protocol, host and port that
was used for the request, and that is the way that we try to do it in
Jetspeed. So that, if you request https://host1/jetspeed/, all internal
urls use https and host1 and port 443, or if you request
http://host2:8080/jetspeed, all internal urls go through http, host2 and
port 8080

It could be that it is not working under all setups, but that is how it
is supposed to work.

If you want to answer in a different host/port, you should use some
module (Apache mod_rewrite or a similar thing) to ensure that the
request that arrives to Jetspeed comes with the right host/port.