From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: Localization -> Server Date
Date Sun, 29 Apr 2001 12:07:07 GMT
Lars Vogelgesang wrote:

> Hi all!
> I think, there should also be a representation of the server date ( in
> Util.java ) should
> also be adjusted to the chosen language...
> Therefore the getNiceDate()-method (line 163) in
> org.apache.jetspeed.util.Util
> could be changed to:
> public static ConcreteElement getNiceDate() {
>         return new ElementContainer().addElement
>         ( new B().addElement(Localization.getString("DATE")+": ") )
>                                      .addElement(
> DateFormat.getDateTimeInstance().format( new Date() ) );
>     }
>
> And in the Localization-Classes (
> org.apache.jetspeed.modules.localization.JetspeedLocalization_de,..._en,...)
>
> an entry like:
>         {"DATE", "Datum"},
> has to be added.
>
> What do you think?

The changes are not with respect to the current code base (class Util is
not there). I think the changes should be applied in the templates, as
JetspeedTopNavigation.java (that contains essentially this code) is no
longer used.

The templates in
be
localized as you point.

Maybe people that knows better this part can help here.

Thanks for your effort.