From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: Re : User Management in Jetspeed
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2001 17:13:55 GMT
sagar arora wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Can any body give me some details on User Management in Jetspeed.

We use the Turbine Security and User Management services, so this is a
question better asked in the Turbine user list. There are quite a few
discussions in the turbine mailing list archives.

In the future, however, as we are implementing portlet security, the
implementation could require a new User Service (on top of Turbine
infrastructure), and so this could change.

The turbine User Mgmt. and Security services are very flexible,
interface based, and there are contributions to authenticate using LDAP,
or several DB based systems.

The current Jetspeed implementation uses a small test database with
hipersonic SQL to deliver a self-contained war file.