From Raphaƫl Luta <raphael.l...@networks.groupvu.com>
Subject Preparing Jetspeed 1.3 alpha 2 release
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2001 11:30:30 GMT
Following our ApacheCon discussions, here are the current plans for the upcoming
Jetspeed 1.3 alpha 2 release:

Target release date: 30 April 2001

Focus for this release:
 - bug fixes and stabilization of Jetspeed 1.3a1
 - remove obsolete code
 - implementation of localized layouts and screens
 - integration of VTLPortlet into the main codebase

Other possible features (depending on someone taking over
the task) :
 - supporting additionnal servlet containers (apart from Tomcat3
   and Websphere)
 - integrating GlueCode Customizer
 - simplify/clean up the syndication engine implementation

Anybody interested in these tasks should reply to this mail and
state his interest, I'll collate all the results and post an updated
Todo list for the 1.3a2 release.

CVS Policy:
All commits/updates pertaining to this release should currently be made
on the main CVS head. I propose that we branch for the release on April 22.
After this date, all clean up, fixes, documentation etc... that should be
incorporated in Jetspeed 1.3a2 are to be committed on this branch.

Vivendi Universal Networks - Paris