From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: Problems with JetSPeed from CVS..
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2001 09:28:45 GMT
Ignacio J. Ortega wrote:

> Hola a todos:

Saludos, Nacho :)

> Just compiled a fresh checkout from cvs, and hitting
> <http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal/pane/RSS+Sources?template=%2FEcs.
> jsp> ( this is the RSSSources link main page ), i'v got a long stack
> trace..

The RSSSources link may page *should* be:

http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal/pane/RSS+Sources?template=%2Fhtml%2Fes%2FEcs.jsp

or something similar (fr instead of es, etc.) The lack of the "html"
part causes the error. From where are you getting there?

I've tested that the template name "/Ecs" gives this error, while "Ecs"
"/html/Ecs" or "/html/ru/Ecs" works. The first slash means "absolute",
and there is no layout on top of the "media type" directory.

Ingo (are you there?) is the person who knows better this part of
Jetspeed, the mapping from the template parameter to files.

We have options here: consider that html is the default media type (copy
the html/default.jsp up in all (layouts, navigations, ... dirs), have
the code trating it as a special case (addind the media type), or give a
cleaner error.