From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: Preparing Jetspeed 1.3 alpha 2 release
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2001 16:51:30 GMT
Im primarily concentrating on the new customization stuff (for the next
release) as we discussed at apachecon.

For 1.3a2, I can contribute on:

- bug fixes
	- ive almost completed a 'fix' for optionally disabling sending an email
for new users. We get a lot of support questions issues,
        and not everyone wants to be bothered with configuring a mail server

- supporting additional servlet containers. Im working on a FAQ + specific
deployment descriptors
      - Catalina
	- Enhydra
      - Resin
	- JRun
	- WebLogic
	- ATG Dynamo
	- what else? :-)

- integrating GlueCode Customizer. I think they had a few bug fixes to work
on. I haven't heard back in a while....
  I'd be glad to test it again when its ready.

- TDK. As we discussed at ApacheCon, you all didn't think its necessary to
base jetspeed on the tdk.
  Maybe the benefits arent' clear now. Jason, if you're out there, could you
elaborate on the benefits of basing Jetspeed on the TDK...?

- Include Turbine Data Manager (Flux) in the distribution. This could be one
of the benefits of basing Jetspeed on the TDK.
  We will get a stable build of Flux and Torque.

- Documentation/site