From "sagar arora" <sagar.ar...@webrizon.com>
Subject Re: Portlet API 2
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2001 04:49:35 GMT
Hi All,

There is one problem which we faced while we created users in the Jetspeed.
The E.Mail address we mention while registering a user in the jetspeed is
supposed to receive the key which is to be filled for creating the User. But
I never receive the Mail. I went through the documentation & FAQ's.
According to that, for Windows we need to have local smtp server running for
receiving the mail. But we are using Linux O/s . The documentation does not
say anything about this.

I have changed the TurbineResource.properties file & changed the smtp host
value from local host to the IP address of my machine where the DB is
located.

Finally, to overcome the problem ,I took the value of the key from the
Oracle DB itself where I had created the tables & created the User. Can
anybody tell, why the E.Mail is not getting received. Because configuring a
Mail server is really a problem.

An early reply will be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Sagar