From Reid Chan <reidddc...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: Select * gets 0 rows from index table
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2020 16:22:25 GMT
Hey Josh! I'm glad you show up!

Version: 4.15-HBase-1.4

>> Did you `select * from index_table` verbatim?

Yes. Because I found that as long as the query goes to index (checked from EXPLAIN), the result
must be empty. So I checked what're inside index by select * index.

>> Caveat about covered columns in a query

Data table is (A primary key, B, C, D, E, ...), index on B include C . B, C columns are nullable.

>> What's the state of the index?

Index_state shows "a". What does it mean?

>> * Did you use Phoenix to create the data+index tables and to populate the data in
those tables?

Yes.

Best regards,
R.C