From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Select * gets 0 rows from index table
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2020 15:42:44 GMT
Hey Reid!

Can you clarify a couple of things?

* What version of Phoenix?
* Did you `select * from index_table` verbatim? Most of the time, when
you have an index table, you'd be interacting with the data table which
(behind the scenes) goes to the index table.
* * Caveat about covered columns in a query
* What's the state of the index? Look at the INDEX_STATE column in
system.catalog for your index table.
* Did you use Phoenix to create the data+index tables and to populate
the data in those tables?

On 3/30/20 4:35 AM, Reid Chan wrote:
> Hi team,
>
> I encountered a problem that select * from index_table limit x got 0 rows, but underlying
hbase has data (observed it from hbase shell > scan) and any queries went to index table
would get 0 rows as well.

> In the meantime the server had the following error message: "index.GlobalIndexChecker:
Could not find the newly rebuilt index row with row key xxx for table yyy."