From Tim Dolbeare <T...@alleninstitute.org>
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2020 23:01:00 GMT
Hello All,

I've run into a problem with a Phoenix index that no amount of googling is solving.  I hope
someone might have run into this before and can offer some suggestions.  I'm a noob BTW, so
please don't hesitate to point out the most obvious potential issues.  The problem is that
after indexing a table already populated with 1M rows a) any query that uses the new index
returns 0 results and b) the index table itself is empty.

I have created a table via psql.py, populated it with 1M rows via CsvBulkLoadTool, created
an async covered index on that table in sqlline.py, followed by a mapreduce index population
with IndexTool.  All of that completes without error, and the index is marked "ACTIVE".

Here are my table and index definitions:

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS meta_reads;
CREATE IMMUTABLE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS meta_reads (
      cluster VARCHAR,
      subclass VARCHAR,
      class VARCHAR,
      sex VARCHAR,
      region VARCHAR,
      subregion VARCHAR,
      cell VARCHAR NOT NULL,
      gene VARCHAR NOT NULL,
      read FLOAT,
      CONSTRAINT my_pk PRIMARY KEY (cell, gene))
IMMUTABLE_STORAGE_SCHEME = ONE_CELL_PER_COLUMN;

create index idx_gc on meta_reads(gene, cluster) include(read) ASYNC;

Almost any query that attempts to use the index returns 0 results, however 'select count(*)
from meta_reads' throws a SocketTimeoutException.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tim