From Geoffrey Jacoby <gjac...@salesforce.com>
Subject Re: Query on phoenix upgrade to 5.1.0
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2020 17:37:58 GMT
Phoenix 5.1 doesn't actually exist yet, at least not at the Apache level.
We haven't released it yet. It's possible that a vendor or user has cut an
unofficial release off one of our development branches, but that's not
something we can give support on. You should contact your vendor.

Also, since I see you're upgrading from Phoenix 4.14 to 5.1: The 4.x branch
of Phoenix is for HBase 1.x systems, and the 5.x branch is for HBase 2.x
systems. If you're upgrading from a 4.x to a 5.x, make sure that you also
upgrade your HBase. If you're still on HBase 1.x, we recently released
Phoenix 4.15, which does have a supported upgrade path from 4.14 (and a
very similar set of features to what 5.1 will eventually get).

Geoffrey