From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Questions about ZK Load Balancer
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2019 13:55:18 GMT
Yeah, that's correct.

I think I requested some documentation to be added by the original
author to clarify that it's not end-to-end usable, but I don't think it
ever happened. The "load balancer" isn't anything more than service
advertisement, IIRC.

IMO, the write-up I made here[1] is going to give you something more
usable out of the box.

If you have the time to invest in fixing this up, let's chat. We can
make this story better.

[1]
https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/9377/deploying-the-phoenix-query-server-in-production-e.html

On 7/9/19 6:01 AM, Reid Chan wrote:
> Hi community,
>
> Recently, i'm trying to apply the ZK-based Load Balancer on production env.
>
> But it looks like a half-done feature, i couldn't find how a query server client get
a registered QS from LB in client side codebase.

> There's one method: LoadBalancer#getSingleServiceLocation, supposed to be called from
client side, is dead codes and never invoked.