From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Phoenix 4 to 5 Upgrade Path
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2019 20:17:54 GMT
What version of Phoenix 4 are you coming from?

Of note, if you're lagging far behind, you'll get bit by the column
encoding turning on by default in 4.10 [1]

In general, before we update the system catalog table, we take a
snapshot of it, so you can roll back (although this would be manual). In
terms of testing as a community, we only do testing back two releases.
After that, your mileage may vary.

- Josh

[1] https://phoenix.apache.org/columnencoding.html