From Jaanai Zhang <cloud.pos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: is Apache phoenix reliable enough?
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2019 02:22:24 GMT
To be honest, The stability of Phoenix is a big problem, the following is
commonly behaviors :
1.  Hanging on the server side, the queries slow down, frequently OOM.
These troubles are often caused by full scan, commonly we can use secondary
indexes to avoid. It is important that make sure filters of where clause
will not scan large ranges of the data table.
2.  Indexes data out of sync. I think there is a substantial improvement,
the serval issues about this problem on the recent version.

Thinking whether it will be fine if uses Phoenix on your business
scenarios. Phoenix has a lot of functions, but some functions about
analytics are inefficient under massive data scenarios.

We have almost 200 clusters running Phoenix and solved many business
requirements.

   Jaanai Zhang
   Best regards!

Flavio Pompermaier <pompermaier@okkam.it> 于2019年6月24日周一 下午5:30写道: