From Hao Qin Tan <haoqin....@shopee.com>
Subject Upgrading HBase in existing Phoenix cluster
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2019 02:08:52 GMT
Hi,

I was searching through the internet and I was unable to find any
instructions for doing a HBase upgrade for a Phoenix-enabled cluster.
Upgrading HBase looks like it will require a Phoenix side-grade but there
are no instructions for that in the Phoenix site.

Has anyone tried doing such an upgrade? Will there be any issues faced when
reading existing Phoenix data from the cluster post-upgrade?

We are currently thinking of upgrading from HBase 1.2.6 to 1.4 because of
there are various features in HBase 1.4 that we would like to make use of.

Regards,
Hao Qin