From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Phoenix Mapreduce
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2019 14:34:15 GMT
No, you will not "lose" data. You will just have mappers that read from
more than one Region (and thus, more than one RegionServer). The hope in
this approach is that we can launch Mappers on the same node of the
RegionServer hosting your Region and avoid any reading any data over the
network.

This is just an optimization.