From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is it possible to do a dynamic deploy of a newer version of Phoenix coprocessor to specific tables?
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2019 18:09:17 GMT
Owen,

There would be significant "unwanted side-effects". You would be
taking on a very large burden trying to come up with a corresponding
client version of Phoenix which would still work against the newer
coprocessors that you are trying to deploy. Phoenix doesn't provide
any guarantee of compatibility for more than a few versions between
client and server.

Would suggest that you move to HDP 3.1.0 if you want a newer version of Phoenix.

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 9:06 AM Owen Rees-Hayward <owenrh@googlemail.com> wrote:

> We are on HDP 2.6.5 but would like to use a more recent version of Phoenix, without upgrading
it cluster-wide.

> HBase coprocessors can be dynamically deployed (for instance picking up the coprocessor
jar from HDFS) against specific tables. We are wondering whether this would be a route to
using a newer version of Phoenix against a set of tables? We are unclear if there would be
unwanted side-effects.