From talluri abhishek <abhishektall...@gmail.com>
Subject phoenix-spark plugin with Spark 2.3
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2019 21:32:01 GMT
Hi All,

When trying to use phoenix-spark plugin with spark 2.3, we are getting
a NoClassDefFoundError and it is similar to what is found in the below JIRA

Using a phoenix 4.14-cdh5.14 parcel alongside 2.3.0.cloudera3 spark release
to reproduce this issue. This plugin works fine when using the spark 1.6
that comes with the distribution but not the spark 2.3 version installed
through a csd/parcel. Is there any way to make it work with the
given phoenix 4.14 version and spark 2.3 version? (Tried passing in the
phoenix-client jar and the phoenix-spark jar with the driver and executor
extraClassPath.)

I could see that phoenix 4.14-cdh5.14 is built using the cdh-spark-version
which is 1.6, do we need to build against the required spark version in
order to make it work or am I missing something? The docs/JIRA seem to
suggest that 4.10 version should be compatible with spark 1.3.1+ versions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Abhishek