From Owen Rees-Hayward <owe...@googlemail.com>
Subject Is it possible to do a dynamic deploy of a newer version of Phoenix coprocessor to specific tables?
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2019 14:06:59 GMT
We are on HDP 2.6.5 but would like to use a more recent version of Phoenix,
without upgrading it cluster-wide.

HBase coprocessors can be dynamically deployed (for instance picking up the
coprocessor jar from HDFS) against specific tables. We are wondering
whether this would be a route to using a newer version of Phoenix against a
set of tables? We are unclear if there would be unwanted side-effects.

I'd be really interested to know if anyone has attempted this with success
or otherwise.

Thanks in advance.

--
Owen Rees-Hayward