From Azhar Shaikh <azharuddins...@gmail.com>
Subject Phoenix Performance Improvement
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2019 15:31:38 GMT
Hi,

We have an Hbase with 5 million records which has 3 region-servers(8 Core
and 32 GB Ram each) with 20 regions. On Daily basis we have around 10k of
records feed into our hbase table. We are performing queries on Hbase table
via Java application using Phoenix query engine. Since few days we are
facing an issue that whenever we execute multiple queries via phoenix it is
not able to fetch the results within 30ms due to which we are now getting
timeout error on our application side.

When our data was in range of 2-3 million we had not notice such issue but
as the data has increased we have started facing timeout when we have
multiple users fetching data via application.

We have done below testing but there is no improvement noticed

1. Moved from SAN storage to SSD storage
2. Increased CPU from 4 cores to 8 cores on each Region-servers
3. Scaled Region Servers from 3 to 5 but no improvement
4. Tried various combination of SALT Bucket(10,20,40)
5. Increased hfile.block.cache.size from 40% to 60%
6. Increasing Phoenic scanner timeout value
7. Added secondary Index

Even after performing above steps we have not seen any improvement in
phoenix performance. Request you to please let us know how we can improvise
the performance of phoenix.

Hbase Version - 1.2.3
Phoenix Version - 4.8

Your help is greatly appreciated.