From Miles Spielberg <mi...@box.com>
Subject Re: slf4j class files in phoenix-5.0.0-HBase-2.0-client.jar
Date Sun, 23 Dec 2018 03:31:26 GMT
Could the classes be shaded into a different package to prevent conflicts with libraries included
by applications? HBase client has been doing this for a while: https://www.i-programmer.info/news/197-data-mining/11427-hbase-14-with-new-shaded-client.html

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 22, 2018, at 9:25 AM, Josh Elser <elserj@apache.org> wrote:
>
> This is as expected. JDBC expects that a database driver provide all of its dependencies
in a single jar file.

>> On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 4:39 PM Liang Zhao <lzhao@casa-systems.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> We found slf4j class files in your phoenix-5.0.0-HBase-2.0-client.jar, which caused
multiple binding of slf4j as the Spring Boot in our project uses a different version. We can
work around this, but conventionally, a jar file only need to name its transitive dependencies,
instead of including them.