From "Shawn/Xiang Li" <shawnli...@gmail.com>
Subject "upsert select" with "limit" clause
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2018 01:58:47 GMT
Hi,

1.       Want to check what is underlying running for limit clause used in
the following Upsert statement (is it involving any coprocessor working
behind?):

*                                  upsert into table2 select * from table1
limit 3000000; * (table 1 and table 2 have same schema)

              The above statement is running a lot slower than without
“limit”  clause as shown in following, even the above statement upsert less
data:

*                                upsert into table2 select * from table1;*

2.       We also observe memory usable is pretty high without the limit
clause (8gb vs 2gb), sometimes for big table it can reach 20gb without
using limit clause.  According to phoenix website description for upsert
select “If auto commit is on, and both a) the target table matches the
source table, and b) the select performs no aggregation, then the
population of the target table will be done completely on the server-side
(with constraint violations logged, but otherwise ignored).”

               My question is If everything is done on server-side, how
come we have such high memory usage on the client machine?

Thanks,

Shawn