Hi All,

I am referring to the presentation that is given in SF Hbase Meetup in 2013, attached it for reference. The write path for secondary indexing states that,
-> co-processor calculates the index updates and wal edits
-> Writes it to the WAL (Making it durable)
-> Then write the index updates
-> Then proceed to the Memstore.

But after looking at the code base (looked into 4.7 and 4.14), it looks like the write to index tables happen in the postBatchMutate phase which is after the MemStore write finishes. I wanted to check with the community to see if the flowchart is outdated. I feel that series of steps should be:
-> co-processor calculates the index updates and wal edits
-> Writes it to the WAL (Making it durable)
-> Then proceed to the Memstore.
-> Then write the index updates

Appreciate any input on this. I want to clarify this because we see a case where the write path could be creating some delay between write to WAL and MemStore and creating some out of sync issue when using hbase lily indexer.

Thanks,
Abhishek Talluri