From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Phoenix metrics error on thin client
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2018 15:28:28 GMT
The methods that you are invoking assume that the Phoenix JDBC driver
(the java class org.apache.phoenix.jdbc.PhoenixDriver) is in use. It's
not, so you get this error.

The Phoenix "thick" JDBC driver is what's running inside of the Phoenix
Query Server, just not in your local JVM. As such, you need to look at
PQS for metrics.

You probably want to look at what was done in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-3655.