From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Phoenix Performances & Uses Cases
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2018 14:47:42 GMT
Specifically to your last two points about windowing, transforming,
grouping, etc: my current opinion is that Hive does certain analytical
style operations much better than Phoenix. Personally, I don't think it
makes sense for Phoenix to try to "catch up". It would take years for us
to build such capabilities on par with what they have.

Some of us have been making efforts to ease data access between Hive and
Phoenix via the PhoenixStorageHandler for Hive. The goal of this is that
it will make your life easier to use the correct tool for the job. Use
Hive when Hive does things well, and use Phoenix when Phoenix does it well.

(Again, this is my opinion. It is not meant to be some declaration of
direction by the entire Apache Phoenix community)