phoenix-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Tanvi Bhandari <tanvi.bhand...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue in upgrading phoenix : java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: SYSTEM:CATALOG 63
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2018 05:24:27 GMT
" mapped hbase tables to phoenix and created them explicitly from phoenix
sqlline client. I first created schema corresponding to namespace and then
tables." By this statement, I meant the same. I re-created my tables since
I had the DDLs with me.

After that I tried getting the count of records in my table which gave me 8
records (expected result). - *select count(*) from "myTable"*;
But when I performed the *select * from "myTable";* it is not returning any
result.

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 1:55 AM Thomas D'Silva <tdsilva@salesforce.com>
wrote:

> Since you dropped all the system tables, all the phoenix metadata was
> lost. If you have the ddl statements used to create your tables, you can
> try rerunning them.
>
> On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 9:32 AM, Tanvi Bhandari <tanvi.bhandari@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>
>>
>> I am trying to upgrade the phoenix binaries in my setup from phoenix-4.6
>> (had optional concept of schema) to phoenix-4.14 (schema is a must in
>> here).
>>
>> Earlier, I had the phoenix-4.6-hbase-1.1 binaries. When I try to run the
>> phoenix-4.14-hbase-1.3 on the same data. Hbase comes up fine But when I try
>> to connect to phoenix using sqline client,  I get the following error on
>> *console*:
>>
>>
>>
>> 18/09/07 04:22:48 WARN ipc.CoprocessorRpcChannel: Call failed on
>> IOException
>>
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.DoNotRetryIOException:
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.DoNotRetryIOException: SYSTEM:CATALOG: 63
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.phoenix.util.ServerUtil.createIOException(ServerUtil.java:120)
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.MetaDataEndpointImpl.getVersion(MetaDataEndpointImpl.java:3572)
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.generated.MetaDataProtos$MetaDataService.callMethod(MetaDataProtos.java:16422)
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.execService(HRegion.java:7435)
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.RSRpcServices.execServiceOnRegion(RSRpcServices.java:1875)
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.RSRpcServices.execService(RSRpcServices.java:1857)
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.ClientProtos$ClientService$2.callBlockingMethod(ClientProtos.java:32209)
>>
>>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer.call(RpcServer.java:2114)
>>
>>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.CallRunner.run(CallRunner.java:101)
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcExecutor.consumerLoop(RpcExecutor.java:130)
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcExecutor$1.run(RpcExecutor.java:107)
>>
>>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>>
>> Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 63
>>
>>         at org.apache.phoenix.schema.PTableImpl.init(PTableImpl.java:517)
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.phoenix.schema.PTableImpl.<init>(PTableImpl.java:421)
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.phoenix.schema.PTableImpl.makePTable(PTableImpl.java:406)
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.MetaDataEndpointImpl.getTable(MetaDataEndpointImpl.java:1046)
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.MetaDataEndpointImpl.buildTable(MetaDataEndpointImpl.java:587)
>>
>>        at
>> org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.MetaDataEndpointImpl.loadTable(MetaDataEndpointImpl.java:1305)
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.MetaDataEndpointImpl.getVersion(MetaDataEndpointImpl.java:3568)
>>
>>         ... 10 more
>>
>>
>>
>>         at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
>> Method)
>>
>>         at
>> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
>>
>>         at
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
>>
>>         at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException.instantiateException(RemoteException.java:106)
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException.unwrapRemoteException(RemoteException.java:95)
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.ProtobufUtil.getRemoteException(ProtobufUtil.java:326)
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.ProtobufUtil.execService(ProtobufUtil.java:1629)
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RegionCoprocessorRpcChannel$1.call(RegionCoprocessorRpcChannel.java:104)
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RegionCoprocessorRpcChannel$1.call(RegionCoprocessorRpcChannel.java:94)
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCaller.callWithRetries(RpcRetryingCaller.java:136)
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RegionCoprocessorRpcChannel.callExecService(RegionCoprocessorRpcChannel.java:107)
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.CoprocessorRpcChannel.callMethod(CoprocessorRpcChannel.java:56)
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.generated.MetaDataProtos$MetaDataService$Stub.getVersion(MetaDataProtos.java:16739)
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.phoenix.query.ConnectionQueryServicesImpl$5.call(ConnectionQueryServicesImpl.java:1271)
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.phoenix.query.ConnectionQueryServicesImpl$5.call(ConnectionQueryServicesImpl.java:1263)
>>
>>         at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable$15.call(HTable.java:1736)
>>
>>         at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
>>
>>         at
>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
>>
>>         at
>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
>>
>>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> *Region-server logs are as follows: *
>>
>> 2018-09-07 03:23:36,170 ERROR
>> [B.defaultRpcServer.handler=1,queue=1,port=29062]
>> coprocessor.MetaDataEndpointImpl: loading system catalog table inside
>> getVersion failed
>>
>> java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 63
>>
>>                at
>> org.apache.phoenix.schema.PTableImpl.init(PTableImpl.java:517)
>>
>>                at
>> org.apache.phoenix.schema.PTableImpl.<init>(PTableImpl.java:421)
>>
>>                at
>> org.apache.phoenix.schema.PTableImpl.makePTable(PTableImpl.java:406)
>>
>>                at
>> org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.MetaDataEndpointImpl.getTable(MetaDataEndpointImpl.java:1046)
>>
>>                at
>> org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.MetaDataEndpointImpl.buildTable(MetaDataEndpointImpl.java:587)
>>
>>                at
>> org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.MetaDataEndpointImpl.loadTable(MetaDataEndpointImpl.java:1305)
>>
>>                at
>> org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.MetaDataEndpointImpl.getVersion(MetaDataEndpointImpl.java:3568)
>>
>>                at
>> org.apache.phoenix.coprocessor.generated.MetaDataProtos$MetaDataService.callMethod(MetaDataProtos.java:16422)
>>
>>                at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.execService(HRegion.java:7435)
>>
>>                at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.RSRpcServices.execServiceOnRegion(RSRpcServices.java:1875)
>>
>>                at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.RSRpcServices.execService(RSRpcServices.java:1857)
>>
>>                at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.ClientProtos$ClientService$2.callBlockingMethod(ClientProtos.java:32209)
>>
>>                at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer.call(RpcServer.java:2114)
>>
>>                at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.CallRunner.run(CallRunner.java:101)
>>
>>                at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcExecutor.consumerLoop(RpcExecutor.java:130)
>>
>>                at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcExecutor$1.run(RpcExecutor.java:107)
>>
>>                at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>>
>>
>>
>> suspecting that this could be something wrong with SYSTEM table, I went
>> ahead and dropped all SYSTEM tables from hbase shell and again tried
>> connecting to phoenix sqlline client. This time connecting through
>> phoenix-sqlline worked for me. But none of my tables were visible in
>> Phoenix shell only SYSTEM tables were visible.  So I went ahead and mapped
>> hbase tables to phoenix and created them explicitly from phoenix sqlline
>> client. I first created schema corresponding to namespace and then tables.
>> This way my tables were visible in phoenix sqlline. *Select Count(*)*
>> query on my table was returning 8 (expected) records as well but when *select
>> ** query is not returning any record. Can someone tell me what can I do
>> next in this case?
>>
>>
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Tanvi
>>
>>
>>
>
>

Mime
View raw message