From William Shen <wills...@marinsoftware.com>
Subject Fwd: Access Client Side Metrics for PhoenixRDD usage
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2018 06:11:21 GMT
Realized the message didnt go thru on the dev list... reposting on
user@phoenix

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: William Shen <willshen@marinsoftware.com>
Date: Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 11:57 AM
Subject: Access Client Side Metrics for PhoenixRDD usage
To: dev@phoenix.apache.org <dev@phoenix.apache.org>

Hi all,

I see that LLAM-1819 had implemented client metric collection mechanism in
the PhoenixRecordReader class, which I believe is then used by
PhoenixInputFormat
and then used by PhoenixRDD,  but I am having trouble locating example of
how we can access the metric on https://phoenix.apache.org/metrics.html which
is limited only to example with the Java Client.

I understand that PHOENIX-4701 would send the metric to SYSTEM.LOG
asynchronously in 4.14, but wondering is there a way to access the metric
in 4.13?

Thanks in advance!

- Will