From Domen Kren <dk.ne...@gmail.com>
Subject TTL on a single column family in table
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2018 14:43:19 GMT
Hello,

we have situation where we would like to set TTL on a single column family in a table. After
getting errors while trying to do that trough a phoenix command i found this issue, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-1409,
where it said "TTL - James Taylor and I discussed offline and we decided that for now we will
only be supporting for all column families to have the same TTL as the empty column family.
This means we error out if a column family is specified while setting TTL property - both
at CREATE TABLE and ALTER TABLE time. Also changes were made to make sure that any new column
family added gets the same TTL as the empty CF."

If i understand correctly, this was a design decision and not a technical one. So my question
is, if i change this configuration trough HBase API or console, could there be potential problems
that arise in phoenix?

Thanks you and best regards,
Domen Kren