From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Statements caching
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2018 14:08:26 GMT
You don't have to create a new Connection every time, but it is not
directly harmful to do so. This recommendation only goes one way (just
because you can create new connections each time, doesn't imply that you
have to, nor necessarily want to).

I wouldn't be worried about any sort of "healthy state". In the absence
of bugs, you would have to intentionally try very hard to muck up the
state of an HBase Connection.