From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Searching a string in Phoenix view in all columns
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2018 14:11:50 GMT
SQL doesn't work like this.

You can use the DatabaseMetaData class, obtained off of the JDBC
Connection class, to inspect the available columns for a query. However,
I'd caution you against constructing a massive disjunction, e.g.

select * from demotable where colA like ".." or colB like ".." or colC ....

If this is your usage pattern, I'd suggest that you need to go back to
the drawing board to re-think how you structure your data so that it's
in a more optimal form to execute this kind of search.