From Sumanta Gh <sumanta...@tcs.com>
Subject Is read-only user of Phoeix table possible?
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2018 05:38:30 GMT

Hi,

I have a Kerberos enabled Hbase 1.2 cluster with Phoenix 4.9.
In hbase shell, I have granted an hbase user with permission R.

     hbase shell > grant 'user1', 'R'

Now while connecting through SqlLine, I am getting the below error -

Insufficient permissions (user=user1@EXAMPLE.COM, scope=default:SYSTEM.CATALOG, params=[table=default:SYSTEM.CATALOG],action=CREATE

Is the Phoenix client trying to CREATE a table everytime? For this issue, I am not able to
create an absolute read-only user of Hbase.
NB : All Phoenix tables are already created

Kindly help to resolve this issue.

Regards
 Sumanta

and any attachments. Thank you